Wednesday, May 16, 2012

the search for mac playtime dupe in manila

I'm forever looking for lipstick dupes,and my latest hunt is the dupe for mac playtime! i fell in love when i tried it on at the mac counters,even if in my world im the most kikay,i still don't want to splurge too much on makeup,especially on lipsticks,so i acquired a mac syrup shade-(oh! this one i bought--ooppssss!) and then there's my go to favorite lippy when i attend weddings and wanted to have an eyelook paired with a nude lip but with something with a lil oomph! then thats my nyx -power,then i just bought this maybeliine color sensational last mom day weekend at the landmark sale,it was originally P399 down to P319 not bad....since it was just launch recently in their counters,yes huli lagi ang pinas hehe. Okay there's a similarities with these lippies,here's what i can say: the swatches didn't came out true to their color,i'm just not cut out for these swatch your makeup photos! so whats the use? well i took a pic already so just upload it! haha
this was a photo of temptalias lips i copied on the net with the mac playtime
mac syrup,maybelline,nyx
yuck! that's what i thought when i look at my on-lip swatch,poor poor yucky picture!so this is a reminder for me to get better at this oh! this was power by nyx,its very pigmented and has that pale lavander shade,i love it! unfortunately this lippy is beginning to die on me,it started to melt and it sliced in half! argh! i hate it when that happens to my lipsticks,good thing i got to use it as often as i want...umm anger management? haha
okay,im wearing the maybelline in my upper lip and the mac on the lower lip just so i can stop posting anymore ugly swatches.but these lip-on swatches is the closest i can get compared to the on-hand swatch i did...
conclusively,mac is hands down the best because its the only lippy brand that doesn't chap my lips,the nyx power is a major chap-turned my lip flaky after,the maybelline is quite nice,color payoff is quite interesting,it doesnt dry my lips,it leaves a stain after i wiped off my lips at the end of the day with a tissue,but overall,its better than getting expensive mac,but of course who would'nt want mac right?

No comments:

Post a Comment